Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dutch Bucket 'maters

DBT week 2.5


Let's do this!
The tomato plants are growing very well. Two and a half weeks in, all the plants except the middle bucket ( which got planted a week later) have grown another 6 - 8 inches taller and are already setting flowers.





I also have added a solar powered air pump. 
I don't really know how much this has added to their improvement but, it sure didn't hurt.


The pump wasn't unreasonably priced and it works as well as I had hoped.

Obviously it won't work when its dark out but, I don't really need it when the sun sets and the temperatures drop.
When I need it most is when it operates the best.
Around mid day to evening the solar panel gets full sun.
All in all I think it was worth the expense.
Here it is in action.



No comments:

Post a Comment