Tuesday, April 8, 2014

D B tomatoes day 3

Dutch Bucket day 3
LET"S DO THIS !

It's raining today so I figured I'd plumb the buckets for my system. I got all my bits n bobs ready and went at it.

It pays handsomely to have the right tool for the job. The PVC cutter paid for itself today.
 I cut the pipes at 6"


Put the 90 ยบ elbows on



Drilled the 1" holes


Popped in the 3/4" grommets 


Carefully pushed in the drain pipes


And this is the final result.


I water tested them in the bathtub to make sure the grommet sealed properly. They did. Now I need to drill holes in the lids, but I'm going to wait till its dry outside to do all that. Measuring is all good, but I'm an eyeball DIY guy and I need to see the set up in position before I do any more hole cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment