Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sorry.

Been a while...
Sorry, It's been some time since my last post. Life has a tendency to get in the the way of plans and intentions. C'est la vie!
Speaking of life etc.,the dutch bucket tomato system is doing remarkably well. I had a slight setback about a week and a half ago. While trimming the backyard hedge, I apparently discovered some poison ivy. The problem moved from local to system wide. What started out as a rash and blisters soon became a guessing game as to where it was going to pop up next. Everywhere was the answer to that question! YUCK! Annoying as can be. Heat and moisture seemed to make the problem worse. Heat and moisture IS the southern United States! So, I didn't go outside after work at all for at least a week.( I also finally went and received treatment a week later. )While hiding indoors, I had forgotten about my poor tomatoes. I turned out to be a week late in changing out my nutrients. And the temperatures being in the upper 90s ( Fahrenheit) for the last several weeks, and evaporation being what it is, my reservoir tank was basically empty!!
Poor tomatoes.I just about killed 'em.
They're finally on the mend now though.
Taller than ever , lush and green foliage, full of fruits.

The" sweet million" tomatoes are bursting with fruit!

My first ripe "German Johnson"


Already had a couple of "Lemon Boy" 'maters. YUM!!
All in all, this has been an excellent way to grow tomatoes. I'm definitely doing this again.
Super easy once you have the initial set up built.
Thanks for checking in! 
Au revoir, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment